NiCr-NiSi (Type K) thermocouple finds the widest use in all basemetal thermocouple, at temperature above 500 °C.
Type K thermocouple has strong resistance to oxidation than other base metal thermocouples. It has high EMF against Platinum 67, excellent temperature accuracy, sensitivity and stability, with a low cost. It is recommended for oxidizing or inert atmospheres, but cannot be used directly in the following cases:
- Alternatively oxidizing and reducing atmosphere.
- Atmosphere with sulphur gases.
- Long time in vacuum.
- Low oxidizing atmosphere such as hydrogen and carbon monoxide atmosphere.
|Conductor Name||Polarity||Code||Ni /%||Cr /%||Si /%|
|Diameter/mm||Long time Working temperature /ºC||Short period Working temperature /ºC|
- Heating - Gas burners for ovens
- Cooling - Freezers
- Engine protection - Temperatures and surface temperatures
- High temperature control - Iron casting